…Though in the ways they display massive entitlement, my ways of thinking were hopelessly crushed by oppressive structures, in ways I’m still trying to get out from under. This is part of why they’re getting under my skin.
1) It’s not that I thought race worked like gender, but I used to think…
I wish people would stop appropriating trans* language in an attempt to legitimize their entitled bullshit. You’re hurting people, including, but not limited to, my friends who are POC.
There’s more I’d say, but I don’t want my tumblr to collapse under the weight of Serious Issues more than it does already. I dread the moment when I get someone coming back with, “but that’s the language people use to de-legitimize YOUR transgender identity!” and I have to have the most obnoxious conversation in the universe.
Also, I am hungry and don’t have time to write a big long essay about how there are things to be said about coercion and how we classify people by race & ethnicity. Suffice to say the entitled claiming of marginalized identities by “transethnic” people for shiggles just further simplifies a complicated issue.Source: shwetanarayan
- pigeonsoup likes this
- skysigns likes this
- peoplemask reblogged this from shwetanarayan and added:
- aragingquiet reblogged this from shwetanarayan
- aragingquiet likes this
- jackhawksmoor likes this
- crotchgunsamurai reblogged this from shwetanarayan
- blackfoxx reblogged this from shwetanarayan
- thismakesmeanxious likes this
- ceeainthereforthat reblogged this from shwetanarayan and added:
- mumblingsage likes this
- kateelliottsff reblogged this from shwetanarayan and added:
- official-which likes this
- xtremecaffeine likes this
- xtremecaffeine reblogged this from shwetanarayan
- shwetanarayan posted this